The degree Bachelor of Science with Honors in Biological Sciences will be awarded to students satisfying the following requirements.
1) Maintain a GPA of at least 3.50 in all departmental BIOS, CHEM, MATH, and PHYS course requirements;
2) Gain approval for admission into the program from the Department of Biological Sciences Honors adviser, as well as the faculty member under whom the student will engage in research;
3) Complete BIOS 370, Directed Research in Biology and 6 semester hours of BIOS 495, Directed Research Biology Honors, or BIOS 499, Directed Research University Honors under the faculty member’s supervision2;
4) Present and explain the results of the honors project at either the departmental or university undergraduate research symposium; and,
5) Submit an approved senior thesis to the departmental honors adviser.
Note: Collectively, a maximum of 6 semester hours of credit (9 in the case of students admitted to the department honors program) in BIOS 370, BIOS 399H, BIOS 490, BIOS 495H, and BIOS 499H may be applied to the major.