Sep 24, 2023
Limited Retention Requirements
All majors in the College of Business are limited retention to assure students’ continuing competence. Students who want to continue their enrollment in the College of Business must fulfill the College of Business Limited Retention criteria
All business majors must complete the Fundamental Business Requirements with a minimum grade of C or equivalent.
Students must meet MGMT 335 requirements to transition to departmental advising and specific major course work. Consult your advisor for course planning.
To enroll in 400-level business courses students must earn a C or better in FINA 320, MGMT 335, MKTG 295, and OMIS 338.
Additional retention requirements for each major can be found under Department Requirements.
Fundamental Business Requirements (52-55)
Requirements in Department (25)
Electives in marketing, which could include UBUS 485, or one of the following areas of study (9)
Credits earned in MKTG 295, Principles of Marketing, and MKTG 458, Internship in Marketing, may not be used to complete the elective requirement.
And two of the following (6)
International Marketing (9)
Requirement outside Department (3)
TOTAL HOURS FOR A MAJOR IN MARKETING: 80-83
General Education Requirements (6-12)
In addition to completing the above major requirements students must complete the remaining general education requirements. If major requirements fulfill any of the general education requirements, they are listed below and subtracted from the general education credit requirements.
The required minimum of 21 semester hours in Knowledge Domain studies cannot include more than two courses in any one department. (A course with an affiliated laboratory course shall be counted as a single course.)
Foundational Studies (0-6)
Writing Requirement (0-3)
- 3 credits satisfied by program requirement ENGL 203 or ENGL 204
Oral Communication Requirement (0-3)
Quantitative Literacy Requirements (0)
- Satisfied by program requirement MATH 211 or MATH 229
For additional information about these requirements, please visit Foundational Studies .
Knowledge Domains (6)
Creativity and Critical Analysis (3)
- One 3-credit course selected from approved general education list. Creativity and Creative Analysis Course List
- UBUS 110, a program requirement, fulfills one of the course requirements for the Creativity and Critical Analysis Domain.
Nature and Technology (3)
- One 3-credit course selected from approved general education list. Nature and Technology Course List
- OMIS 259, a program requirement, fulfills one of the course requirements in this domain.
Society and Culture (0)
- The program requirements ECON 260 and ECON 261 fulfill the two required courses in this domain.
Knowledge Domain Elective (0)
- PSYC 102, a program requirement, fulfills the required domain elective course requirement.
Graduation Requirements (3)
In addition to completing the above major requirements students must complete the remaining graduation requirements. If major requirements fulfill any of the graduation requirements, they are listed below and subtracted from the graduation credit requirements.
Human Diversity Courses (3)
Writing Infused Requirements (0)
- MKTG 495 and MGMT 346 fulfill the Writing Infused requirements for graduation.
TOTAL HOURS FOR GENERAL EDUCATION AND GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS: 9-15
TOTAL HOURS FOR ELECTIVES: 22-31
TOTAL HOURS FOR A B.S. DEGREE IN BUSINESS MARKETING: 120